Thread: Scan files from HP Scanner through Moto X

Scan files from HP Scanner through Moto X

I have a similar all in one printer connected on my network. This printer is accessible through a ip address in a web browser. I am looking for some way through which I can use the printer scanner through my phone. I have a Moto X. I tried using a few third party application which did not helped much. I can see the printer in the lan also and it is connected to my pc. I have lots of pages to scan and I have to do that manually by clicking on scan button from my pc. Then I run back to the printer to change paper. If this is possible through my phone I can do that standing at one place.

Re: Scan files from HP Scanner through Moto X

There is one more simple way. I have a HP all in one printer. It is a multi-functional with scanner. If you have a similar model then you can try to scan directly on the lan network. All you have to do is enable file sharing in windows. You have to select scan from the menu of printer and choose network and select a pc in that. It will automatically move the images in My Documents > My Pictures. Just checkout the settings one and try back. This is a common feature available in many all in one printers.

You can do that more effectively if you simply use the HP Eprint app. This will help you to print through cloud. You can even print through email. You have to create a account on the same and you have to hook the printer on the same. And then you can print quiet fast through that. I am quiet sure this will be a easier way. Just go online and first configure your printer on the same. Then you can download and add hp eprint app on your device and print through that. I had used this on different hp printer and it works well.

Many all in one printer by hp comes with mobile printing support. And there are ample of app for the same. You can use them to print. If one is not working then you can use the other one. IT is necessary that you must turn on printing sharing so that the printer can be configured to work on your tablet or smartphone. You might face issue while using third party application if sharing is not enabled. If this apps does not help you then you have to try something else. That can work more effectively.

There is one app that I was using to print through internet. But I am not sure about scanning stuff. You can use that. The app that I know is PrinterShare. Just download and install the same and see whether it works or not. I am not sure about the scanning stuff. But it works well for printing. I had used that a regular deskjet printer for the same. I had configured to work the same on printer share and it works well. I will recommend you to test the scanner once on it.

There is no need to use any third party app. Just go for HP All-in-One Printer Remote app. You can find that free on Google play. Through this can use your printer for scanning purpose on wifi. It only works through wifi I am not sure about the internet connection. It is very simple to use. Install the app in the device and then connect it to the local wifi where the printer is also connected. Launch the app and it will locate the printer and you can print through that. You dont have to use any other third party app for the same.