Thread: HP Pavilion g7-2217cl Notebook PC not charging

HP Pavilion g7-2217cl Notebook PC not charging

My HP Pavilion g7-2217cl Notebook PC is plugged in shows a white light and it is not charging nor is it turning on at all. I have replaced the external battery and the ac charging cord, but that has not fixed the problem. Does anyone have any ideas?

Re: HP Pavilion g7-2217cl Notebook PC not charging

Try to shutdown the notebook and then disconnect the AC adapter. After that remove the battery and then hold down the Power Button for 30 seconds. Now, connect the AC adapter without the battery inserted and then start your notebook. Go to Control Panel and open Device Manager, expand entry for Batteries and then right click on the Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery and choose to uninstall it. After that shut down notebook, disconnect the AC adapter and then re-insert the battery and start the notebook only on the battery. Windows will now automatically reinstall driver. After that shut down computer and this time start the notebook with the AC adapter and see if it works normally.

I have tried that also. Still the same problem. Nothing. It will not turn on

Quote Originally Posted by skyee View Post
    I have tried that also. Still the same problem. Nothing. It will not turn on
    Since your battery is not charging while the notebook is turned off then it seems to me that there is something bad with the charging circuit that might be a part of the motherboard. Can you also check to see if the battery that you have bought is working on another notebook.