Thread: Unable to configure pen touch on Windows 8

Unable to configure pen touch on Windows 8

There is a bit issue with pen touch configuration. I am trying to enable the same on Windows 8 pc which is not working. How to enable that thing. I went in the control panel where I found the touch settings. I am not able to understand how it works. I want to use a stylus on windows tablet and it is not working automatically. I thought the tablet will be cable to identify the touch interface on its own. But the same is not working. How to configure this. I want to write on Microsoft Word.

Re: Unable to configure pen touch on Windows 8

The settings to turn on pen and touch is not enabled by default. You have to turn it on through the control panel and you have to find the right stylus for the same. Go in Control panel and there you have a option as more settings. Tap on that. No go in Hardware and Sound. And tap on pen and touch. In the touch section of Pen and Touch you have to add a tick on use your finger as an input device. Click on apply and then try back. This will start working. If not then post back.

You have to use the write type of stylus. Pen Touch settings are enabled by default. You just have to use the proper stylus that your screen might be able to read. You can also use your fingers to write, but that wont be easy. There are some useful application available through which you can write on the screen directly. There is a pad that identify any object for writing and convert that to digital text. I will recommend you to check that in the keyboard. You will find the writing pad there.

Compare to Windows, configuring stylus on android is lot more easier. That is because of availability of so many applications. Just turning on the feature will not do the job. You have to calibrate the touch also. And you can do that from Tablet PC settings. This will help you to get a smooth output while using the touch thing. In Tablet Pc settings at the top you can see a setup button. Just click on that and create a new setup. Follow the screen instructions for the calibration stuff.