Thread: Perfect laptop size for typing work

Perfect laptop size for typing work

What is the best laptop screen size for typing work. I am having a desktop right-now with 18inch screen. And this one is bit comfortable to use. I get ample of broad space to type out different letters. I have a lot of typing work. I want a good laptop for the same. I do not really need any high end configuration. Now I had seen one by Dell which is having a 14inch screen. It looks fine. But I think the screen is not enough for using the same. I have some model in my list. I had seen that the bigger size yo go for the costlier it will be.

Re: Perfect laptop size for typing work

If you need a big screen then around 15.5inch is more than enough. There are ample of Sony models available that comes with Dos and it gives you decent hardware configuration. The keyboard here is also nice. The model which is recently purchased by friend is Sony Vaio SVE1513CYN. This one has a Core i3 cpu, 2GB ram and 320GB hard drive. That is enough for your daily usage. You can install Linux on the same and test out. I am quit sure that will be enough for your day to day usage.

Re: Perfect laptop size for typing work

There is one thing you can do. You can buy any decent model. Like one I know is Dell 2420. It is a 14inch screen laptop. You can use your existing monitor on that. For typing the best form of layout is portrait mode. You can turn your screen in portrait mode and type. You get a more longer page below. And you get a A4 page type look. Big size laptop means heavy to carry. While small size are portable and you can take them anywhere you want. I will recommend you to go with netbook if you do not want a very heavy system.