Thread: Contact sync issue on Android phone through Gmail Contacts

Contact sync issue on Android phone through Gmail Contacts

There is a bit issue with contact sync on my android phone. I have around 600 contacts on my phonebook. I had copied a csv file from a micromax smartphone before. And this was proper. To check the same I imported them in outlook. Where all contacts were fine. Later on I uploaded them on Gmail Contacts and synced with phone. But I found that there are so many contacts which are not proper. They are not working well as expected and sometime there is a issue with sync. Many are missing.

Re: Contact sync issue on Android phone through Gmail Contacts

Looks like sync is not proper due to which you are getting the issue. Just try to export a csv file and upload all the contacts in gmail. You can do that through outlook and then try to sync back again. I am quiet sure that will surely help you in fixing the issue. You can also do one thing. You can simply open up the csv file in a excel and make changes in that. And then you can re-upload things back again. I am quiet sure that will be more simple for you to manage.

Sometime it happens. The contacts gets messed up when you are trying to sync them in Gmail through a csv file import. That is reason I use some third party tools. I had used youlu from long time for the same. This tool will sync your mobile with all new contacts. Whenever you add any new contact on your phone it will get synced automatically with the phone through youlu. Instead of using the default dialer you can go ahead using youlu. It will be the default contact book as well phone dailer.

There is no direct way through which you can sync your outlook accounts to gmail. You can connect to Live account. But that also creates various additional entries if your facebook or gmail account is synced. And your contacts just pump to thousands where many of them are of no use. So here you have to go ahead with manual work. First import them in gmail and check your mobile phone numbers. Modify if there is any problem and then sync. Job is done. Your contacts will appear in the device.

I do not sync. I always use the csv file. I had installed a automatic backup application on the phone which keeps on taking the backup of sms and contacts. A the end it will generate a csv file which is uploaded to my Google drive. I import that in gmail and done. All contacts are synced and there is updated thing all over. There must be some through which you can make things more manageable. Gmail Contacts have issue with phone format. I had seen that. If excel shows weird characters it will upload them.

It is too complicated to manage if you are having too many contacts. When it comes to address book then you have to check at two places. One there must be a app for your phone and second it must have a web access also. So that you can upload your contacts on that. That will make your job much more easier. There are few of them available. If you have office 365 then you have web based access of outlook in which you can sync your contacts and configure the same. That is the most simplest way to manage contacts.