Thread: Annoying touch-pad of Sony Vaio SVE15111EN

Annoying touch-pad of Sony Vaio SVE15111EN

I just got a new Sony Vaio SVE15111EN laptop. It is a nice budget one that came with dos. I am going to use Linux on that. Just for the testing purpose I installed a trail edition of windows in the same. I am going to use the same like this for few months and then I will either upgrade or I will go ahead with using Linux only. I found that this laptop has a very annoying touch-pad. It is not so easy to use. It is big in size but it is very fast and most of the time I am not able to get the exact click.

Re: Annoying touch-pad of Sony Vaio SVE15111EN

You have to update the touch-pad drivers which will help you more in fixing the issue. You can find the drivers on the official site. I am not quiet sure about this. Touchpad drivers add reliability. You can go in control panel and you can also configure the sensitivity. If that is too high then the touch-pad is not going to work fast. You will keep on facing the same kind of issue. Just get fresh drivers from the official site and check the same. And also try to configure the settings from control panel.

Re: Annoying touch-pad of Sony Vaio SVE15111EN

Just configure the touchpad sensitivity to low and then check back. I usually never use the touchpad. Because it is not so easy to type. You have to sometime keep your hand above the touchpad and when you accidentally tap on the same the cursor jump. And then it is very complicated to type on the same. Compare that it s much more easier to use a mouse on the same. I will recommend you to go with that. You can find a budget mouse or a wireless mouse that you can use with the laptop.