Thread: How to completely migrate Blackberry data to Android

How to completely migrate Blackberry data to Android

What is the simplest way to migrate entire blackberry content to a android phone. My existing blackberry phone is having battery issue. Even after buying a new one the battery still drain out. I am having a spare android phone. For the time being I can use android. But I want to migrate the entire content through some app. I do not want to with a manual process. That will be annoying and time consuming also. I hope there will be some option through which we can do that really fast.

Re: How to completely migrate Blackberry data to Android

As far as I know you have to start with taking backup. You can sync the contacts through your Google account. But for other stuff you have to use different app. There is a different way to migrate sms and then comes the apps and other settings. Also you have to then manually copy paste the internal content. You can use Blackberry Desktop Manager for the same. It is a nice tool to backup everything with one click and then you go ahead with simple migration. Just try the same and checkout.

For migration there is no tool available for Blackberry phone. You have to ahead manually. You can start with taking backup of the contacts first and then goes the media files. This is easy to configure. And then you can use various other tools to import files inside your Android device. You have to make list of things you want. Like the first comes contacts, then comes gallery, etc. You can backup all things and move them in the android phone. For automated process I am doubtful if anything is going to work.

You have to find something like MoboGenie. I am quiet sure that will help you in fixing the issue. MoboGenie is the best software for taking full backup and then restoring that. I had used it a lot time on different android phones. But I am not sure whether this thing is available for Blackberry also. You can try finding that on the official site and if a Blackberry version is not available then you can try finding something similar. This tool will backup your sms, contacts, media, etc and put them in new phone.

A major issue lies with contact transfer. That does not work well if your migrating thing fails. It is good if you can go ahead with manual process. Because that is the safest and easiest. In this when you start migrating you can manually move the contacts and also media files. But about sms you will have to use some third party software. I am quiet sure you can find any good tool on the web and you can use that for the migration purpose. There are many options for contacts, but not for sms and other things.

Even if you have lots of memos in the system you cannot go ahead with the migration stuff. It is not going to work. Most of the software which I know comes with minimal features. You can simply use them to pull out the contacts. And the main issue lies with tables in it. Sometime I had seen many contacts got a default value of dates under anniversary. When I tried to delete them in excel the file format was facing issue. There are lots of compatibility problem in this apps when it comes to contacts.