Thread: Will CyanFox Android Kitkat 4.4.2 rom work on Canvas 2

Will CyanFox Android Kitkat 4.4.2 rom work on Canvas 2

Soon CyanFox Android Kitkat 4.4.2 is going to be released. I want to know whether this rom is going to work on Canvas 2 or not. I want to install Android Kitkat on the same. I had already rooted the phone and it looks to be working fine. But I am not happy with the existing rom. Android Kitkat brings out more new features and above all it good for having nice battery life. I am trying to find the download also. But it is not available. This rom is going to work in many high end phones. But what about mid range devices.

Re: Will CyanFox Android Kitkat 4.4.2 rom work on Canvas 2

It is good to go for those rom which are available on web for your device. If you blindly install anything then your device will get brick. I had seen a lot of roms shared on xda. This roms are tested on the phone and they also clearly mention the bugs. As far as I know CyanFox Android Kitkat 4.4.2 is not yet released in the market. The update is still pending and once it is out you can go ahead with that. Backup your existing rom and test it. And if it fails to work you can restore the old rom back.

You can test that if you want. Here you have to start with rooting your device. Once you are done just take your rom backup using Rom Manager app. This app is freely available. So that if you face any issue with a new rom you can restore the old one. But rooting will remain the same. Cyanfox is a nice simple rom with many new features and I am quiet sure this will work. The rom is compatible with many devices, but I had not see anything about Micromax Canvas 2. It is still possible to test it.

There are many roms for Canvas 2 which you can test out. And this are stable one. I will recommend you to install Note III ROM on your device. This is going to add so many great features and you will also enjoy a smooth output. The good part of using Note 3 rom is that it wil give you a Touchwiz type interface on your system. It will add a Note III launcher and lock screen. You will get many Samsung app in the phone. This include Samsung Task Manager and Air Gesture. So just test out this rom.

I had used Note 3 rom. It slow down the phone. That is a drawback here. It adds to many things and you dont have any option to remove the same. Air Gesture does not work so great. The rom surely add many features but it also makes your device to perform slow. It is good if you can stick with the official rom. I am not sure about any stable kitkat rom. So for the time being you can avoid the same. The rom is also buggy. You must skip the installation to avoid any major hardware issue in the phone.

You can go for Xperia Legacy ROM, Nokia X Rom, Acer UI ROM, Ultimate NeXus Rom, etc. This phone has huge amount of roms available. But for kitkat I am not sure. All of this roms are based on jellybean updates. This are enough for your day to day usage and you have many features also. But to get good output I will recommend you to use some basic rom which are fast on your ram and processor. If you overload your phone with many advance thing then surely the device will work slow and you wont be able to do anything.