Thread: Rooting LAVA 455 and adding a Kitkat custom rom

Rooting LAVA 455 and adding a Kitkat custom rom

I am going to root lava 455 device. But I am not sure about moving ahead. I want a kitkat rom for the same. I was able to find some roms but they are based on Jellybean. There are only screen changes. I want some help to find a good kitkat rom for my device. I am not able to find the same. Is there anyone who has already installed kitkat custom rom on LAVA 455. The device has a quiet decent hardware and I think it will work with custom roms. I also want to the stock rom back. So that in case if something happens I can restore that instantly.

Re: Rooting LAVA 455 and adding a Kitkat custom rom

I do not think there is a kitkat rom for that. What I can find is jellybean roms which are based on quiet nice theme. You can make changes in the ui you can install a lot amount of new things. According to me if you go with kitkat rom then the device might freeze or work slow. It is good to stick with the stock one or with the optimized jellybean rom. The rooting process is not so complicated. You just have to use a few things to root the same and you can install your favorite stuff in the same.

There is no kitkat rom for that. I am also looking for the same. What I can find is regular jellybean rom. I am not sure whether this device is going to run kitkat. It has a low hardware and even if you find any rom the device will freeze. It is good to stick with any existing jellybean rom. I can only see stock rom on the web. There are no other. Most of those will be deleted and the device is already a very outdated device. So it is hard to find any good custom rom for the same. Stick with the existing one.

The biggest issue with rooting is that a brick phone. If the phone gets brick then you cannot do anything and it is very complicated then to restore everything back again. If you have a custom rom backup then you can do anything. IT is easier for you to restore old things back. There is one aroma rom you can test on your device and I am quiet sure that might work. This rom brings up a bit new thing like change in the interface. While all other features are based on jellybean.