Thread: Next launcher slowing down other apps on Galaxy Tab 2

Next launcher slowing down other apps on Galaxy Tab 2

I had installed Next Launcher on Samsung Galaxy Tab 2. The tablet is having a good hardware configuration. So it must work with the launcher. But that thing is slowing down other apps. I am unable to play any games. They are lagging. Even sync is very slow. I want a bit help here to make thing work faster. I am quiet sure that Tab 2 is good enough to run any kind of launcher. But it is failing with next launcher. I had not tested any other stuff. I am quiet sure there will be some issue in the tablet.

Re: Next launcher slowing down other apps on Galaxy Tab 2

There can be too many application in the tablet due to which you are having the issue. You have to remove that first. You can use a app cleaning software for the same. A app cleaner has all things in it. Just run this and the app will do the needful. It will clean your tab and improve its performance. It is essential that you must run this kind of app with an task killer. So that output is good. Or else the tablet will keep on freezing. You can try one more thing you can reset the factory settings and then install apps.

Next launcher is quiet heavy I think. It has many kind of widgets and a 3D theme. I am quiet sure this is going to slow down your entire device. It is
    good if you can go with some other light weight launcher. There are ample of them. Galaxy Tab 2 might be having a 1GB ram but that is not really enough. You have to simply go with a light one. I am quiet sure there are many applications in your tablet which is slowing down your device and causing this kind of problem. Better stick with the default one that is also good.

I am using Nexus Launcher on my Sony Xperia device. And it works fine. When you are using the launcher you must check there must be no other theming software installed in your system. Like any other launcher or any kind of live wallpaper. Just disable those things. That is important. You can go in the settings and tap on apps and there you can find all running app section. See that how much ram it is utilizing. You have to turn off all the apps which are not required. That will make your device more stable.

I am using Nova launcher. I had switched to this launcher from Nexus. After installing Nexus I found that that the home screen takes a long time to appear on the screen. Also the apps were slow. I was not able to figure out the issue. But later on I remove the launcher and installed Nova Launcher install the same in the device and it worked. There is no issue in the same. I will recommend you to test Nova launcher once. It might be not having any 3D type of effect but it is decent to use.

I had used SPB Shell before. I do not think there is any thing better than this. But ti really slow down the phone. Then I shifted to Go Launcher. It is also not bad. This launcher offer you a bit 3D effects but you can optimize the same as per your need. Also you have to remove apps which are constantly working in the background. There can backup app, antivirus, etc. All this could be causing issue in your system. It is good if you can stick with the default one if you dont want to slow down the phone. And also this launcher eats up a lot of battery.