Thread: What is the process to install Android L on Nexus 4

What is the process to install Android L on Nexus 4

Is there anyone able to install Android L on Nexus 4. I am looking for one. A developer preview is released in the market. And there are many people who are testing it on the phone. I am looking for some procedure through which one can install Android L on other android smartphone. I am not able to find any solution for the same on the web. Also I want to know that Android L is a the official update by Google so for this you dont really have to root your phone. And if any device is rooted then its old status can be restored back.

Re: What is the process to install Android L on Nexus 4

The process is simple. But for that you have to root your phone. Without that Android L is not going to work. I had seen a process that shows that
    rooting is essential. You have to find a android l optimized rom from the web. You can download that and you have to run the installation from recovery mode. That is the only way. I am not sure about any other process. You have to get the zip file and flash that through recovery which will resolve the issue. Just check that.

I was not aware about the rooting stuff. I thought this would be some kind of official update through which we can have the original status of our system back. But this is different. This is more like using a custom rom on the phone. Like a rooted one. So just for testing purpose I do not really think people are willing to root their phone and install the new rom. What if it does not work or crash. Those who had rooted can restore back the old rom through backup, but once the official is flashed you wont get it back.

The developer preview is just for testing purpose. So it is good to stay away from the same. That is because it is not the final update and there can be issue if this does not work. So it is a good to avoid this thing. There might be more bugs as the final version is not yet out. Usually I think the update is going to be released for upcoming new phones. Even the basic phones are not going to get the update. You must simply checkout the features on web and if you find them really effective then apply the same.