Thread: Android adb devices command not able to identify Moto E

Android adb devices command not able to identify Moto E

I am unable to figure out the issue with moto e device. I am trying to root the same. The process starts with unlocking the bootloader. Now there is a command that I have to run to unlock the bootloader. That is adb devices something. When I type that in cmd and hit enter there are no devices listed. I am quiet stuck with this process from long time. I had tried to reconnect the device a multiple time. But this is not working. I want a bit help here. USB Debugging is on and device shows connected.

Re: Android adb devices command not able to identify Moto E

Just check once that usb debugging is enabled or not. And when you connect that directly go in Device Manager. Or better keep it on on your screen. If
    there is any pending hardware which has a exclamation mark on the same then it means the driver is missing. This are pre-loaders drivers which are needed. And if they are missing then android adb is not going to work. So better update that. There is a utility on web which automatically adds android adb drivers. You have to run that to fix the issue.

Re: Android adb devices command not able to identify Moto E

On Google you can search for Motorola usb drivers or Google universal usb drivers. You will get a link. This is a common driver which is used for rooting purpose and it works well. You dont have to locate or find any other stuff. Just download and install those things in your system and check back. I am quiet sure that will be enough to resolve the issue. Android ADB needs proper usb drivers or else the device will remain undetected in the system. Just try to update the same on your device and test back.