Thread: How Android Wear is different from other wearable devices

How Android Wear is different from other wearable devices

Being in a publishing business I am quiet a fan of different tech gadgets. Rightnow I am using Micromax Canvas 2 smartphone. It has a updated Android 4.4 kitkat operating system. Recently Google has announced various product in the conference. This was held last week. Android Wear was one of the product. There are different android gadgets available which are actually a smartwatch. Like Galaxy Gear. I want to know how different this will be. Hope Google will sell this at affordable price.

Re: How Android Wear is different from other wearable devices

This is to be called as the world's first android wear. It is not launched. I can give you a few best features of android wear. But I am not sure about the cost here. Being a android watches it has a user friendly interface. It easy for anyone to understand. Apps are on the background. You will see the watch face on front screen. This is available in different varieties. It is on you to select the one you like the most. It also has context stream through which you can see notification, text messages etc.

Re: How Android Wear is different from other wearable devices

The cost is still not clear. The device is announced and there are different speculation a going around web. A few feature that I know in a demo video is based on the ui. Like when you get a message, on your device its difficult to reply as it's too small to type. That is one of the biggest draw back of smartwatch. But in this new android wear you can you can sent you reply by using voice. You can also use Google personal assistant. You can choose your hardware variety of your android wear from various manufacturer such as LG G Watch’s square face, or the Moto 360’s round dial. Google has not limited this a single manufacturer.