Thread: Gionee Elife S5.5 gets new android kitkat update

Gionee Elife S5.5 gets new android kitkat update

Gionee Elife S5.5 is going to get the new android kitkat update. Has anyone updated the same. My friend has this phone who has not got it yet. What are the new features in it. The phone is quiet nice and after having this kitkat update I am quiet sure it will work better. I am looking for new apps which are going to be installed after this update is released in the market. I first though to buy this, but as it was not having kitkat I skipped the idea. But now after checking I am surely going to get the device.

Re: Gionee Elife S5.5 gets new android kitkat update

Gionee Elife S5.5 is an great device. It got the update. And you will get that through ota. That means you have to go in the settings panel and there under about you can find software update. Tap on the same to check for new updates. It will be easier for you to update the same. You will need a wifi connection for updating the same. Because the update is high and if you are downloading the same on 2G it will be lot more slower. So just run the update and check back. There can be more enhancements in it.

Re: Gionee Elife S5.5 gets new android kitkat update

The update is pending. I am not able to get the same. It is in news that the update is released but where it is. I am checking the same constantly. I am quiet sure there would be some issue here. Is the update released for some specific region or for entire India. If it is Rightnow I am having issue with taking photos in night. The images are really poor. I hope this update can fix that problem.