Thread: How to optimize WordPress site for mobile and tablet

How to optimize WordPress site for mobile and tablet

What are the options available through which I can optimize a website for mobile and tablet pc. My existing site looks very bad on mobile phone. The entire design just mess up. I want to some option through which the site can automatically generate at theme on mobile phone. And same for the tablet. I cannot re-design the same because it will mess up with my articles. And there are some plugins which might not work well if I give this to some developer. I do not want anyone to mess with the site seo.

Re: How to optimize WordPress site for mobile and tablet

To get a good mobile and tablet based output you will have to modify the theme. It is not going to work well without that. Now there are ample of free responsive themes on the web. You can use them. When you add the same Wordpress automatically manages all the settings and all plugins are enabled. That is the best and simplest way to deal with the issue. You dont have to do any changes. Just change the theme and test your site and then try back. If there is an issue you can restore your old theme back.

That is correct. To get a good optimized mobile theme you have to use a new one. There are many free responsive themes on the web. Just download that and apply on your site. The good part of using WordPress is that it automatically manages everything. The theme is easy to apply. And if you have any issue you can restore that quiet easily. Download only those themes which are optimized to work with tablet. You can find ample of site offering you free and if you go for paid then you get more benefits.

There are few plugins which you can use to get a nice optimized mobile theme for your website. The one which I know WP Smart Mobile Theme Plugin. Just add this plugin on your site and done. It will automatically optimize your site layout to work well on mobile phone. After adding the plugin it does make any major changes in the theme. It just create a optimize mobile theme and you can modify it as per your need. You dont have to change entire ui if you are using this plugin.

Similar to that there is one more plugin worth to use. It is called a WPtouch Mobile Plugin. It is a very simple to use software that has easy settings. You can manage and create a simple mobile theme for your site. It has a admin panel which is easy to customize. Through this you can make changes in the appearance, you can get a fast ui theme and also it looks very stylish. The good part of using the theme is that it does not any coding changes. So your existing site settings is safe.

Plugin part cannot be effective if you are having a dynamic site. A site that you keep on updating. It is good to stick with new theme. And instead of getting a free one, get a paid theme. So that you get more benefits from it. I am quiet sure you can find ample of nice themes on the web. The best place to find is themeforest. There you can find theme on the basis of your requirement. You can make changes and do different things on it as per your need. Just try to find on the basis of your site category.