Thread: ES Explorer freezing while streaming file through wifi

ES Explorer freezing while streaming file through wifi

There is some issue with file streaming on my tablet. I am using ES File Explorer here. It is not working. I am unable to figure out why streaming is not working so fine. It is getting stuck in between and then the entire mx player crash. I want a bit help in fixing the same. Before it use to work well. I mostly stream movies directly in the tablet that is shared through on windows lan network. But now it is not working. I hope there will be some way.

Re: ES Explorer freezing while streaming file through wifi

The issue can be with your videos or internet connection. If you are streaming heavy video files then it will freeze. Compare to them if you are streaming small clips then they are more helpful. You can try re-installing the entire application back again to resolve the issue. You just have to remove the same and then install it back again. That will resolve the issue. But if still after re-install you get the same issue then it means the video file is not proper.

ES Explorer is a file manager. It is not an streaming app. When you tap on the video or audio file it opens up the default video player and that thing stream the content. ES Explorer just gives you the access to the shared folder. There are few ftp based streaming clients available on the web. You can simply use them for the streaming purpose. DicePlayer is one of them. Just install the same in your tablet or smartphone and check back. I am quiet sure this will work.

If the video size is not very large then you can import that in your memory card on in the internal storage and then play it. The video there will work well. It will not freeze nor lag. You have to try that once. If the video is very large then you have to check whether your wifi signal strength is good in your device or not. If the signal strength is poor then you will keep no getting this kind of issue. It is good to stream when you are near the router. If you are too far then this type of issues will be common.

Just install MX player in your device if you are not having the same. Add that and then go ahead with streaming. It is also good if you can update your phone or tablet with the latest mx player codec. There are many apps available online that can give you access to the share folders of windows lan. Accessing them is not a issue. If one app is freezing then you can go ahead using another one. And most of the time I am quiet sure it will work.