Thread: What is the cost of Amazon Firephone in India

What is the cost of Amazon Firephone in India

Amazon has announced the new Firephone that comes with 3D display. I am looking for the cost of this device in India. The phone is launched. I am not sure about the exact cost. Many says this phone is going to be very costly. It might phone in the price range of Rs.35000 to Rs.40000. But on few blogs I had seen the price around $200 that makes Rs.12000 approx. I am willing to buy the device. I had seen a video which shows this device has amazing features.

Re: What is the cost of Amazon Firephone in India

The cost that you are talking about is on the contract basis. And the phone has sold in US. I am not sure about the unlocked version. It is right that that device comes loaded with amazing 3D technology. But it is limited to the apps and games which are developed for the Firephone OS. It is not going to make every app or everything 3D. The phone is just launched and it is coming with a new technology. So surely it will be costly. It is not yet started for selling.

I found the cost on a site but that is applicable only in US. It is sold on contract basis by AT&T. For a 32GB version you have to pay $199 and for 64GB version you will have to pay $299. This is a yearly contract and I think the phone gets more costlier when you buy this way. It is not yet sold in the market. It will come this week. Amazon is going to sell a unlocked version also for international buyers. But it is right that it will be very costly.

The actual price of Amazon Firephone lies around $650. And it is only sold under a contract. There is no information about the unlocked version. We will have to wait back. This is the first model by Amazon and it brought a entirely new UI with propitiatory Amazon OS. The phone is usually designed to facilitate eCommerce. Like if you want to some info on a product you can just take the picture and you will be taken directly to the amazon page from where you can buy it.

There are many unique thing about Amazon Firephone. The phone is not released and the videos which are online does not tell much. This device is on pre-order. The device is powered by 2.2 GHz quad-core Snapdragon 800 processor and it has 2GB ram. It offer a 4.7" HD display with wide viewing angle. The phone falls in the phablet range where it is big and smart. And it is also true that you can run a few android apps on the same.

This will be surely a great phone. Because it is bring out too many new things. I had seen the hands on video that really impressed me. The phone is on pre-order on Amazon and will be available for sale on July 25. The device is simply look awesome. It is great to find that the device come loaded with android support. Atleast we can play many android games on the same. Even the new Blackberry OS came out with the android app support.