Thread: Streaming videos through a mobile phone on a tablet

Streaming videos through a mobile phone on a tablet

How can I stream a video from a mobile phone on a tablet. I have a android phone and android tablet. I am using Micromax Canvas and I have few videos in the same. I want to share the same with my friends. I want some way through which I can just allow people to stream content of my smartphone on their tablet. Something like file sharing that we do on windows. Just by right clicking on the folder we can share the file in anyone. Can we do any of this things in android.

Re: Streaming videos through a mobile phone on a tablet

For streaming directly you need to use a third party app. Like you have to share the files through Bluetooth or transfer it in other device and then only it becomes watchable. It is not going to work like lan streaming. I had tried this a number of time through ES File Explorer. But it is unable to identify the android device. There must be some kind of smile file sharing option that can help you to deal with the issue. I am trying to find that and will update as soon as I locate.

There is one way. But instead of streaming other device will download those files. The process is done through ftp sharing. Here you have to add a app in your phone that provide you a ftp access. You will get a url which you have to type in the web browser of your mobile phone. And then you can tap on the file to open it. If it is a video file then keep MX player installed in your pc. That is going to be easy but if you access the file through different device at the same time it will slow down.

There is one big issue with android media server. It drain out battery really fast. It is essential that you must use it but keep the charger near you. I had seen that when you turn on the media server app the phone battery ends up fast. The app that I am using Media Server. This app is very simple to use and it provide you a simple way of streaming content. You can simply setup the same nicely and stream your phone content on various other devices.

I had seen different apps which work well when it comes to media streaming. You can find ample of them on Google Play. Pixel Media Server is one of them. The good part of using this app is that it has a option through which you can share a folder or a specific sd card. That means there is no need to share the entire phone storage. Like if you are having videos in sd card then you can share it and leave the internal storage aside.

If you have device with dlna support then things become much more simple. Because there you don't have to use any app. Through dlna itself you can simply create and share files among different android phone. If you are having devices with dlna support then you can try using BubbleUPnP. It is an amazing app that works really fast and fine and sharing files on the same is relatively easy. I am quiet sure you wont fine anything better than this.