Thread: Can I remove gmail and Google id from android

Can I remove gmail and Google id from android

I have a old device that has Gingerbread. I had seen that once it is connected to internet the phone freezes a lot. The phone has a very old hardware configuration. I want some way to make it fast. I found that to sync accounts I had added my gmail id on the same. Now it keeps on downloading emails that freeze the phone and make it slow. I am bit annoyed with the same. I want some help here to make it faster. What if I remove Google account from it. I do not want to access Google Play.

Re: Can I remove gmail and Google id from android

I do not think you have a option to remove gmail. But you can disable it. When you add your mail id the gmail app is activated and it downloads your mail. You can go in settings and tap on app and there you can tap on gmail. Just turn it off and clear the cache. That's it. It will not download any email and will not freeze your phone. Try to remove apps that you are not using. And then test back.

Run a full factory reset. When the phone ask to add gmail id skip it. And use it. If you do not add your gmail id then to some extent your phone will work well. By adding gmail id we activate many services in the phone. But when you remove the same you wont be able to backup our contacts and other important phone data. You have to use it just like that. For calling purpose only. You can use a task killer type of app to boost the speed.

You can do that by rooting the device. Through that you can remove ample of things that you don't want and boost up your phone output. I had rooted my Samsung Galaxy Y a number of time. It is also a gingerbread phone that really freezes when you load too many things on the same. But after rooting I am able to remove many things that has boosted the phone output. Just locate the right rom for your device and root it. You can try custom rom which are lighter than the regular one.

There is no need to install custom rom. Rooting will also do the job. It is quiet enough to boost your phone output. When you root you get option to remove pre-installed applications. This also include gmail and other apps that you cannot remove. You have to locate the right rooting process depending on your mobile model. Or else it is not going to work. It is necessary that you must backup your data before rooting. And follow the process carefully.

Just don't add your gmail id that's it. I do not think you have to go ahead with rooting or any other stuff. When you add your gmail id the phone starts download updates. And many apps does that. Run a factory reset and use it just like that. That will do the job. If you try to root it and the process fails then you might loose your device completely. IT is very complicated to restore the device back from if it is bricked.

you can do it by going in settings then accaunts and sync then select your account then select remove account and your account is removed but the phone is reseted...