Thread: Is it possible to connect two Bluetooth headset to the same smartphone

Is it possible to connect two Bluetooth headset to the same smartphone

I want to know that is it possible to connect two Bluetooth headphone to the same mobile phone so that two people can listen to the calls. For audio there is a single 3.5mm jack. If I connect that then then the Bluetooth one does not work. I have one and my friend is having one. I want to connect both of them to my mobile phone so that three people can talk with each other. I had tired to find the settings but I cannot locate anything. This must be possible on android.

Re: Is it possible to connect two Bluetooth headset to the same smartphone

You cannot do that. Because by default the phone will select only one headset as an audio output device. And other one will be disabled. You can connect multiple but only one is going to work. I had tried this before. If you want others to share your call then the best thing you can do is buy a portable speaker with mic. One that has a Bluetooth connectivity. Hook the same on your phone and share your talk. Most of them will produce a good quality audio.

It is right. Once you can do that in your pc but you cannot do that on a mobile phone or on a tablet. That is because of the default settings which are limited and does not work really well. Using a portable Bluetooth speaker is a good suggestion. I am having one by Logitech. It has a mic in it and the sound quality is amazing. Different people can talk to each other through that. The connectivity is very simple.

There are lots of queries like this on the web which says that this thing is not possible. There is no app available that can help you manage multiple headset on the same phone. You also need the audio output. You can try using a regular 3.5mm wired headphone with mic where you get two earphone. You can then talk with your friends through that quiet easily. It is simple to use and is also you can save money for buying multiple headset.

I had tested that on a tablet long time back. I was having a Bluetooth speaker and a Bluetooth headset. But when I play the audio output was only on the speaker. I have to choose the Bluetooth device manually to get a right audio output. You cannot do that. Even rooted phone are not having this kind of solution. You do one thing. You can try connecting a conference call where all people can talk with each other.

This must work. There must be this kind of feature through which we can use multiple headset on a phone. I also tried using my mobile phone speaker as a default one for pc. But it did not worked. I tried many apps and also rooted my phone. For mobile devices things are very limited. The feature is not integrated in the hardware due to which you cannot get common output from different headset. You have to use them separately or get a Bluetooth speaker with mic.