Thread: Looking for a good auto wifi app for android

Looking for a good auto wifi app for android

Where to find a good auto wifi app that can manage my wifi network automatically. I am having Moto E android smartphone. I have around 6 wifi connection. 2 are at my office and 4 are shared through my friends mobile phone through portable hotspot. I remain in the wifi zone most of the time. But sometime when I go out the wifi app keeps on working. I want a app through which it can switch off automatically when there is no wifi available and then turn on back again.

Re: Looking for a good auto wifi app for android

This type of feature is available in high end android smartphone like Samsung Note 3. It has a location based wifi option through which when you are in the particular place where wifi is on it will get connected. But for other devices I think third party apps are not so reliable. If you are having battery issue then better turn off background services. Remove the apps which are not using and you can just enable the wifi from notification panel whenever needed.

Try Wi-Fi Matic - Auto WiFi On Off. It is a free app and provide you the feature that you are looking for. It has a option through which the app will turn off the wifi then there is no network available. It is simple and very easy to use. Just install the app and configure the wifi settings. Add all the required password and done. Then leave it on the app. Whenever you enter a wifi zone it will activate the same on its own and you can surf web.

I am using Wi-Fi Matic on a budget Lenovo phone. The app really works well. Before I use to keep my wifi always on but after this app it gets off automatically. Sometime the app crashes. You can test this once in your phone. Then I switched to a similar app called as Auto WiFi Toggle. This one also works in the same manner and it has simple to use settings. It works more better than the above one. And this app also has a schedule mode. Where you can configure the wifi to start when needed.

I think Moto E has the feature in it. You have to check in the settings. This mobile comes with the latest Android Kitkat operating system which add so many new features on your phone. And through settings you can simply enable the auto wifi thing. This phone has a location based option from where you can configure the wifi to work automatically. I am not really sure about the same. You can test once and then try back.

You can find many similar applications on Google Play. That will be more than enough to resolve the issue. Auto wifi apps are simple and easy to use. They can manage your connectivity but they also eats up the ram. For devices which has 512mb of lower, this type app will crash and will not work. You have to disable Facebook or third party apps that is configured to get constant notification. Just test out a few different apps and see which one works well.