Thread: Identifying Sender of Text Message

Identifying Sender of Text Message

Hi

I recently received a truncated SMS from a commercial number (Transactional SMS) which i need help in identifying.

Here's how it happened.

I sent my resume to some 4-5 companies over the last few weeks. A couple of days ago i had to leave town for some work and my phone was on roaming and at night I ran out of balance. Which meant that i couldnt recieve any phone calls. Next day in the afternoon as I got my phone recharged, I received an SMS. The sender of the SMS was DM-IIFOME and the message read :

"We received your resume for an open position. We tried getting in touch with you for an initial screening but you were unavailable. If you receive this message kindly rever"

At this point the message abruptly ended. This is where the sender of the message was supposed to give their contact details so i could revert back to them. Since I was using one of those old cell phones that break down longer text messages into parts while sending and receiving, I assumed the remaining bit would arrive in a while. But it didn't. I called my service provider to check if they would have any records of who tried to call me. They said they don't. They told me that I should just wait for some time. The remaining text of the message will appear. Its been well over 24 hours and it didnt.

Is there any way I can track down the sender of the message, i.e DM-IIFOME?

Any help would be appreciated, Thanks

Re: Identifying Sender of Text Message

Well, can you try to add it to your contacts and see if you can reply back them with an sms message again. Once you reply to them then check if the message goes to them and you get another reply from that company.

@EINSTEIN 007

I tried but when i do this the 'number' field stays empty. I tried doing it on some of the other commercial SMSes i receive from my bank, Vodafone etc and it doesnt work there either. Basically you cannot simply reply to these numbers nor can you call them back. I tried a lot of googling and some of those number tracing sites but the only info they could give me was that this is an Aircel number registered in Mumbai. That doesn't help much. I've been trying to get in touch Aircel in the hope that they might have some sort of list of all registered commercial SMS senders with them but its almost impossible to get through. I end up spending almost half an hour on the phone waiting. Anyway somehow i get the feeling that they would just say no at the end of it.

It seems that only the network provider or Aircel can provide you details about the company and no one else. You can even try to reach Police Stations and ask them about the locations since tracking kind of things are mostly handled by police departments as well.