Thread: What are the additional features of Android Kitkat Operating System

What are the additional features of Android Kitkat Operating System

Android kitkat is the new OS which looks similar to me like Jellybean. I am trying to find out the new features that can give me more benefits. I am not able to get any detail about the same. I tried checking inside the settings but there is nothing available. What I can find that Android Kitkat is more better in terms of memory optimization due to which it is able to give more smooth touch support. It does not lag or freeze while working.

Re: What are the additional features of Android Kitkat Operating System

There are few things that I know. First you can use Google Now with voice. That means you just have to say OK Google and Google Now is activated. You can then tell to find out information on the same. It requires a bit training till the phone is able to recognize your voice more accurately. The second options is Developer Mode which is hidden in the device. You can enable that by going inside the settings and tap on about phone. Just tap on build number continuously to unlock it.

Kitkat brings out more benefit for accurate gps. That means you can now get more accurate location because here now the location settings is not just limned tot he gps. You can select from different mode to enable location settings. Like you can select the wifi or mobile network to give exact location instead of only gps. This add more accuracy. This is also a bit battery saving option. If you are using location services then checkout this option under settings > location > mode.

One thing I really found helpful is that you can now use Hangout as your default messaging client. I have configured this a default option to keep all my messages and for checking the sms also you can use it. This makes hangout a centralized location to get all kind of updates. You just have to go in settings and set hangout as your default sms sending application. And your job is done. This feature must also work for the dialer.

One of the biggest benefit of having Kitkat is that locating is more easy now. I had tested Android Device Manager in different phone but they were not working fine. Later on I tested that on a Moto E which has Android Kitkat Os and it is more accurate. Through this you have a option to wipe the phone from remote location, you can change the lock-screen password and do a lot of stuff. This one is really helpful.

Kitkat brings out many benefits to customize the phone. Like you have a option through which you can apply a new launcher that will improve the phone speed more. You can do that from the settings where you have a home option. Just tap on the same and change the launcher. In this way you can switch from stock to any new launcher you had installed in your device. And another great feature is wifi printing.