Thread: New Xbox One update will support usb 3.0 storage

New Xbox One update will support usb 3.0 storage

The new update which is going to release for Xbox One soon will now give you access to use your usb hard drive and pen drives on the console. In this way you can backup its content. But this update is not yet finalized. It is being in news and soon we are going to get it. I was looking for a simple backup process through which I can empty the xbox storage without deleting the files. There can be lot more new things in it.

Re: New Xbox One update will support usb 3.0 storage

It is very important to have a external drive support for a gaming console. But for this you have to buy a docket. It is not going to work directly through the console or pc. You have to buy a docket which will be sold separately. You can connect the drive on that and use it. Still it is a good option for many people who wants a simple backup solution for their console. I am sure this docks will be cheaper.

Re: New Xbox One update will support usb 3.0 storage

This is a bit weird that one have to buy the docket in-order to use the external drive. This support must be provided directly or alteast there must be a direct wifi sharing option. Still the console comes with 500GB storage drive which I think is more than enough. Any new high graphic game is around 10GB in size. So you can play upto 50games and remove them when not required. There is no really requirement to copy them.