Thread: Nova Launcher freezing on Moto G

Nova Launcher freezing on Moto G

I want to change the UI for Moto G pone. It had the Google launcher which was boring. So installed Nova Launcher in the mobile phone and now when I am using the same it is freezing. I am unable to tap on anything. It has a few 3D effects which are not working on it. I had tried to disable some background application but still it is not working. I think Moto G is a good phone with nice hardware config. It must work. What should I do.

Re: Nova Launcher freezing on Moto G

If you are having performance issue with your phone then you have to backup your data first. You can use a good pc suite software for that like MoboGenie. Just enable the usb debugging and backup all the contacts. Then run a full factory restore. Once done then you can simply restore your data and then add the launcher back. There can be a few apps in the background which is causing the problem. By factory reset the phone will get its default settings back.

Re: Nova Launcher freezing on Moto G

Using a light weight launcher help you to make your phone work more better. It will not freeze or not lag. You can try using Apex. This is a very nice simple launcher that works well with all type of smartphone and tablet. I am using this on my hp tablet and I am getting a nice constant output. It is smooth when you swipe it. There are few others but they are heavy on the phone ram. So do not want to mention them.