Thread: Can keep turned on Seagate Backup Wireless Plus in a bag

Can keep turned on Seagate Backup Wireless Plus in a bag

I am have a Seagate Backup Wireless Plus drive. It has a wifi sharing option through which I can access all my files directly. It is really great for mobile and tablets. I want to know that can I keep the drive on when I keep it in my bag. Will it case any problem. I usually stream video files from the drive on my mobile phone. I turn it off and keep that in my bag. I am looking advice on the same. I hope this does not cause any problem with the drive.

Re: Can keep turned on Seagate Backup Wireless Plus in a bag

You can keep it on, but there must be not sudden movement. When you move I think you will face connectivity issue. You can keep it on in a bag. Keep the bag near and then access the content. It is always good to keep it outside so that you can get maximum connectivity. The range of this drive is quiet good. But if there are multiple drive which are sharing the media can face issue with connection.

Re: Can keep turned on Seagate Backup Wireless Plus in a bag

If you keep it on all the time then the battery will drain really fast. I am having another model drive which has a wifi support in it. As per the specs it is capable of giving more than 4 hrs of battery. I turn it on and keep it in my pocket. The batter works maximum for 2hrs and then I have to charge it back again. By turning it off you save some amount. Connectivity is not a big deal if your phone has a good wifi.