Thread: Cannot shrink wallpaper size on iPhone 5S

Cannot shrink wallpaper size on iPhone 5S

I cannot find option to shrink my picture and set on the home screen. This feature is avoid in android. But after having a iPhone 5S the feature is missing. When I add a wallpaper the pictures is zoomed and I can only see a small part. It is very annoying. I want the entire picture to set on the homescreen. I had tried doing that with the default gallery app in the phone which is not working. Does anyone knows how to do this.

Re: Cannot shrink wallpaper size on iPhone 5S

That is a bug in the phone. You can go on Apple forums and see a very huge discussion on the same. I am also trying to do the same. I am having iOS 7 which I had updated on my device and now I am unable to shrink pictures. I hope there will be some option later on or some app that can help us to do this. Android is far more easier here. You can just a third party app to make pictures fit on your screen.

This is a resolution issue. You have to modify your pictures resolution. If they are small then pics will be blurry on homescreen, but if they are large then you can see a zoomed image. For that you have to test different resolution wallpapers on your phone and one that fits well will give you proper output. Just download any good wallpaper in different sizes. There are many website on web that gives you size choices.

The image resizing is bit limited because of parallax feature. This thing add a floating wallpaper on your screen. When you move your home-screen the wallpaper also floats. Now this feature has restricted image resizing. You can try a third party gallery app. There are many of them available. They might give you option to hook the wallpaper properly on the home screen of your mobile phone. But if that does not work there is nothing you can do.

iPad also has the same problem. You can't shrink a image. And when you use Parallax the batter drain fast. I am unable to find anything in the settings. I am testing a few image editor in the tablet so that I can find what is the actual issue here. The app which I am testing right-now is PicLab HD. This app gives a nice hd images and I am trying to find crop option in the same. Most of the time the image is zoomed and other parts are hidden.

You can fix the issue. There is no need to install any third party app in your phone. You can do that by turning off Parallax. For that you have to go in Settings. And then tap on General. Look for Accessibility in that and tap on Reduce Motion. Move the switch to turn it off. And then try to add the wallpaper back again by cropping them. It will work. The image is not zoomed as before.