Thread: Should I root my Samsung Galaxy S5 or not

Should I root my Samsung Galaxy S5 or not

I want advice on rooting Samsung Galaxy S5. I am not really sure to go ahead. Should I root it or not. If I go for root then what are the benefits. I had seen various discussion online which talk about this. They say that you can boost up the phone performance once you root. But on the same hand there are certain consequences. Which is the right time to root. My phone is new and it is working well. I want to do a bit experiments by adding new apps.

Re: Should I root my Samsung Galaxy S5 or not

Always root when your phone is out of warranty. Official warranty is very important. Almost all smartphone comes with a year warranty. When there is any serious hardware issue you can get it replaced instantly and you do not have to pay a penny. By rooting you loose the warranty. And when you go to service center for fix you have to pay relatively huge amount. Will not advice you to root the device.

Rooting is for advance users. And it is right that when you root you loose the phone warranty. There is nothing left here. It is very important that you must simply go with official methods. You can try using different launchers if you want a new kind of UI on your phone. There are many of them available. But avoid using rooting on your new phone. If you used a improper methods there are chances that the phone will stop booting.

For new phone it is not a good choice. Because if you do that you will fail to get all benefits. It is always good to stick with the factory OS. You are having a quiet high end device. It will be good to root if you are using a cheaper model. The issue here is that you cannot restore the stock rom back. Once rooted then you wont get OTA updates also. You have to always use the custom process to install roms in your phone and most of the time they are not stable.