Thread: Android app that can speak name of caller

Android app that can speak name of caller

I need a good app that can speak the name of caller when a call comes. I am not able to find any good one here. I had tried checking this in the settings but I am not having any option for that. I was having this feature long back in a Nokia phone which was really awesome. When the phone rings you get the caller name and you can pickup if you want to just keep the device on silent. This must be a internal feature.

Re: Android app that can speak name of caller

You can download and install Talking Caller ID. This is a free app. The app gives you very basic but effective features. You can allow ringtone if you want or you can ignore that. I am using this on my Sony and it works fine. The app give you a bit accurate voice solution. There are many similar apps available on Google Play that you can download and test. And the output is also nice. Just test the preview before applying final settings.

I am having Samsung Galaxy S5. It has a internal feature for this. The phone will say the name when anyone call you and this is quiet nice. I am going to provide the settings here so that anyone who can enable it. I think this feature is almost available in all type of Samsung devices. Go in Settings > Accessibility > Vision. There you can find a option called as Talkback. Just turn it on and done. The phone will speak the name.

I am using Who's Calling? app. It is a free and tiny apps. It works really well with many mobile phone. When someone call you it will call the name. The benefit of using the app is that it will also read the name of person who send you message. The app has support for various apps like Facebook messenger, whatsapp, etc. It will call the name of all sender who send you message. You can configure it as per your need.