Thread: How to separate videos and pics in Samsung Galaxy S5 Gallery

How to separate videos and pics in Samsung Galaxy S5 Gallery

In the default phone gallery I can see all images and videos at the same place. I want to separate them. Like when I open the gallery I should get videos on one side and images on the other one. But in Samsung Galaxy S5 everything is at the same place. Everything is mixed. It took time to find a image. I am already having more than 200 photos and 80 videos on the phone. They are all in one place.

Re: How to separate videos and pics in Samsung Galaxy S5 Gallery

This is not a problem.By default almost in all phone you get the same thing. When you tap on Gallery you get different folders. Like Camera, Bluetooth, etc. Content remains inside them. All you have to do is create a folder for movies or videos in your phone and that folder will appear on in the Gallery. To access them just tap on them and done. This will be easy for you to sort you different type of content quiet easily.

I never notice that. I am having a Lenovo device and it also has the same thing. When you go in Gallery you get everything at one place. From top side just tap and choose Album. This will give you a folder type of view. You have to select the folder where you have all your images. If you had not sorted the pics and videos in a folder you have to separate them and then only they will appear separately. Or else you will get the same mixed view.

You cannot do that. It is a common feature in almost all android phone. For that you have to use a third party gallery manager application which you can download from Google Play. The default gallery manager is like a hub where you get listing of all images and videos in the same place. But you cannot separate it. You already get a sorted folder in form of camera folder or Bluetooth.