Thread: Video files corrupt after moving them to sd card in Galaxy S5

Video files corrupt after moving them to sd card in Galaxy S5

My friend has a issue with his new Samsung Galaxy S5. We bought a new 16GB memory card. There were around 2GB of videos in it. I moved them to the internal storage through default file manager. The copied process took time. All those videos were updated in MX Player library. When I try to play I am getting a error. MX Player says it can't play the file. It can be damage. What should I do.

Re: Video files corrupt after moving them to sd card in Galaxy S5

Connect the mobile to your pc through micro usb cable. And then copy all those for videos to your pc. It is just for backup purpose. Try to play them in vlc player. If those files works then it means they are fine, MX Payer is having some problem. You can try re-installing it. And you can also add VLC on your mobile phone which plays almost all types of video and audio format. Just test that.

It looks like codec issue to me. You can download MX Player Codec (ARMv7) codec from Google Play. Usually MX Player plays almost all kind of multimedia files, but sometime it has issue with a few format. You have to install the codec pack for that. Just go on Google Play and search for MX Player Codec (ARMv7). Install this on the phone and try play them once again. It will surely work.

The problem can be with your sd card also. You have to check that first. Find a video that works in your pc. Then move it in the internal storage of your phone and copy it through a file manager in the sd card. If it gets damage then the card is not proper. It is good to replace it. Also do not forget to backup your data because if that card stops working you wont be able to get anything.