Thread: How to transfer all android phone photos to pc through wifi

How to transfer all android phone photos to pc through wifi

How to move files from a android phone to pc through wifi. I had lost the micro usb cable here. And I am going to give the phone to service center because of battery issue. It just turn off instantly when I remove the charger. Before that I have to backup my phone. I am using Galaxy Grand and I am sending the files through Bluetooth. But it is taking long time. There are large files which are taking too much time to transfer. Want some help.

Re: How transfer all android phone photos to pc through wifi

You can use a memory card reader. Just move all your photos to the SD card and buy a cheap usb memory card reader. There are ample of them available. I always take backup through this. I use it to transfer files also. It is also the fastest way of moving the files from one place to another. I do not think the transfer will be fast on wifi also. Through memory card reader you can move huge files in less time.

One simple app can help you to copy files. You have to create a shared folder on your pc. And then download ES File Explorer in your mobile phone. Connect the phone on wifi and Launch the app. Go in your picture folder and select the images. Then on you will see lan on the left side. Tap on that. And then tap on scan. Choose the pc IP address and then tap on the share folder. Then tap on the paste from ride side menu.

You can also try using some ftp applications. When you install this app they give you a IP address. You have to type that in My Computer address bar and you can access the internal storage of your device. This is a very simply way of transferring file in your mobile phone and there is no need to use a usb cable. I am using WiFi FTP. It is a very simple app and works effectively on wifi. You can test this one.

The best thing you can do is create a simple ftp server through which you can transfer files quiet easily. Compare to other apps in the market I think FTPServer is the most easy to use. It is very simple and you just have to provide a path which you want to access on the wifi. I do not thing you will find any complications in using this. You can also restrict connection through this app if you want.

Re: How to transfer all android phone photos to pc through wifi

I am using ES Explorer. It was having a issue while copying the file on desktop. It is quiet important that the folder where you are trying to move the files must be shared and has write permission. If it is read only then you cannot move files. It will be not easy. To move files in a folder right click on that and go to Sharing. Allow everyone to edit the files in it. Or else you will get task failed error on ES Explorer.

There is one more app which is quiet far more effective compared to any other app in the market. It is called as SuperBeam. This app is really great and it gives you a very easy way to transfer. Just choose the file that you want to share. And then it will give you a bar code. You have to take picture of that bar code from another device and file will be instantly transferred from one phone to another.

SuperBeam is for device to device to transfer. You cannot move the file to a pc through that. For pc you need a ftp type of software. The best of using android is that you have tons of apps for it. If you are not happy with one you can test something other. Solid Explorer is one of them. It is like a file manager software that allow you to access shared folder on the network. You can then move the files.