Thread: unable to install apps on Samsung Gear 2

unable to install apps on Samsung Gear 2

I recently bought a new Samsung Gear 2 smartwatch for myself. I was actually going to buy the Gear Fit but later on found out that the Gear 2 has many more features compared to the prior. Anyways, so when I am trying to install the apps in my Gear 2 from the Samsung Store then I will get an error or else they will install but wont show up anywhere in the Gear Manager or in the phone? Does anyone has any idea what is going on? Thanks for any help.

Re: unable to install apps on Samsung Gear 2

I think that the problem must be happening because of Samsungs home firmware Tizen and you wont be able to install the Android apps to a non-android hardware. So, you can try and see if it is able to install the tizen apps from the Samsung Store, Gear Manager might be able to direct you to it specially if you choose to install from that. What is the mobile phone that you have synced with your Gear 2 smartwatch? It might be possible that some apps might be not supported by the phone.

I was facing this similar issue and was searching for a fix on the net for couple of hours. Later on I found out that there is something to do with either the Samsung Apps or the Samsung Hub on your smartphone. After that I made SA into the user app to hibernate it with greenify that made the hub freeze. So, afterwards I had to reinstall the ROM again and didnt touch any of those apps and then the apps started to install properly in the Samsung Gear 2 smartwatch.

Even I got one notification when I was trying to install Gear Manager which said that I haed to set the smartphone that I have to allow installation of unsigned/unknown apps and I have set that to allow always. But later on I had also checked out that there was a checkbox which said "Allow initial installation of application only". I hope that if this thing is blocking Samsung apps from installing apps on the watch perhaps.