Thread: One Drive app fail to sync folder of my Android phone

One Drive app fail to sync folder of my Android phone

I have a account on live.com. To backup my photos and I had installed OneDrive app on the mobile phone. It asked me for the live accounts but it is not able to sync my data. I have lots of important photos which are not synced. I tried it many times. I had the kept the file to sync on 2G. It does not matter how much time it will take. But it must work. Not even a single photo is synced. What should I do.

Re: One Drive app fall to syn folder of my Android phone

Just re-install the app back again. It looks the app is unable to work properly. Re-installing will reset the app settings and will upload all the files. I think that is the easiest way. But still if it is not working then you can try using the same on wifi. Take your phone to wifi and see whether the app is working or not. If it works then it will be better if not then there you are phone or internet connection is having a problem.

I am using 4Shared. It works really nice. I had selected the phone to sync and it upload them. This type of apps works really fine when you are on a 3G or on a wifi network. You are on a 2G network because it is a very slow and you are unable to upload the files. Just test that on wifi and any other network and this will also help you. If not then then app has as problem. That will also help.

As mentioned above first try to re-install. The app works well. I am using this on my tablet. I had faced a bit problem with this when I was on 2G but on Wifi this works really fast. I agree that Skydrive is buggy when you are on 2G. If this does not work then you will have to switch to another online cloud storage solution and test. It might work. You can skip skydrive for the time being.

Re: One Drive app fail to sync folder of my Android phone

Check the sync settings first. See that you had configured it on automatic backup. I am using Dropbox. I do not think there is anything better than this. It is quiet light and works fast. For Skydrive you have to check that you are using the latest version from Google Play. See that your app is updated or not. You might using a old phone due to which you have the issue.

Can be app issue. You can only re-install it. There is nothing else you can do. If it is not able to connect to your skydrive account then it means the app is not compatible with your mobile phone. Just for testing go in the web browser in your device and open skydrive in that. Login with your live account and see that you are able to download the files or not. If it works then the app has issue.

There is nothing you can do if it fails to sync. I had faced the issue long back and I had stopped using OneDrive. I had tried many things but it still failed to connect. I copied all my important files on the folder and connected the device to OneDrive. But it failed to work. It is bit complicated when you are unable to sync the files. I am using Dropbox which is quiet fast and effective compared to this one.

This app is quiet buggy. It works well on a windows phone, but there is a problem on that on android. My friend has a windows device and he able to get easy sync through it. He is using Lumia 620. I had seen all his photos uploaded quiet nicely on OneDrive. But on android it does not work well. Some photos are synced while some are not. I had tried so many things and nothing work here.

If re-installation does not help then you have to skip using this app.You have to use something different. There are few third party applications in the market that allow you a common sync option. Once installed you can simply sync the files through those app to drop-box or any other popular cloud storage. I am not sure about name but you can try searching on Google Play.