Thread: Webcam with face recognition lock for pc

Webcam with face recognition lock for pc

I need a webcam that has a facelock kind of feature. I had seen this feature in my friend laptop who has Windows 8.1. He can simply unlock the system through this face. I want that for my pc also. I am having a desktop here. And it looks really amazing. I am having a simple password lock which is quiet boring now. The best thing about this that you don't have to modify the password even if someone knows about it.

Re: Webcam with face recognition lock for pc

There is no webcam that come with that, but you can use that feature through various software available online. All you need is a good webcam fro your pc. Just buy any good one that provide you detail screen resolution. And then download a face-lock software. You have to properly sync your face on that or you will get issue with unlocking. Just search on Google. You will find ample of tools.

If you are going to buy a webcam then buy from Logitech. They offer a face recognition option. The name of software is FastAccess. You have to download the software and install it in your system. And then you can use your webcam to configure the facelock. It works quiet efficiently. It is necessary that you must have a good webcam for this. One with led lights on it. Because it is complicated for this software to recognize scenes with changing light.

HP webcams also comes with that feature. I had also seen a nice software for Mac. It is called as KeyLemon. But I am not sure whether this one is available for Windows or not. The tool provide you smart way of locking screen and it is also very effective. My friend was using it on Mac and it works really great. It recognize faces quiet instantly. I would recommend this one. Just try to find this online.