Thread: Windows 7 Upgrade suggestion from Inspiron Mini

Windows 7 Upgrade suggestion from Inspiron Mini

I am using Dell Inspiron Mini 10. It came with Windows XP. Will it work with Windows 7. I want to upgrade because many of my software and applications are not working. Even my mobile pc suite is not working on that. Which Windows 7 edition will be good for my notebook. I had decided about Home edition. I had not yet ordered that. What things will I need for upgrade.

Re: Windows 7 Upgrade suggestion from Inspiron Mini

The first thing you must do is simply run Windows Upgrade adviser on your system. This tool will scan your OS and will give you appropriate output. If your notebook is compatible then you can go ahead, but if not then you have to skip it. Do not try any other method. Windows Upgrade adviser is the best software to find out whether a new Windows OS is compatible with your system or not.

It will only work if you can find the right drivers. Or else there will be problem. You have to go on the official site of Dell and see the support section. If you can find drivers for Windows 7 then just go ahead with the upgrade. Or else you will face problem after installing windows. Your system will not work fine. The video, audio and lan driver matters the most here.

I had checked the specification for this system. I found that it will work with Windows 7 Starter 32-Bit. You can buy that from Dell or you can also get that from Microsoft. But it is also recommended that you must simply get the right drivers before moving ahead. Because if you update wrong drivers there can be problem with the operating system. So first locate the drivers. And install only Windows 7 Starter 32 bit.