Thread: What is the limit of a device to connect on mobile hotspot

What is the limit of a device to connect on mobile hotspot

What is the limit of a table or a smartphone to allow connect to other devices. I am trying to connect a few devices to my tablet through portable hotspot. After connection people will be able to access my photos and videos through ES File Explorer. But many are complaining that their connection drops automatically. What can be the reason.

Re: What is the limit of a device to connect on mobile hotspot

There is no limit. But your device will get extremely slow if more than 2 or 3 device are connected. You wont be able to use your tablet. You can set a connection limit under Manage Users > Max Connection. This will be under your Wifi settings. Just allow around 4 to 5 people at a time. More than that will affect the device performance.

There is not really a limit. I had tested around 5 devices at the same time which are connected to my tablet. But this really slow down the device. The best thing you can do is make a pc that will act as a central storage for all stuff. You can then share the file on wifi and allow other portable devices to access them. You can use ES File Explorer for that. It is really easy to stream network content through this.

Constant connection depend on the wifi chip power of the device. How much amount of bandwidth it can provide. And if multiple devices are using the same device the battery will also drain very fast. I think the above suggestion is good. You can create a media server and use a pc for that. It will be helpful. Because here you have no limit of device connectivity. And compare to a mobile wifi, a router is more powerful and it can easily manage different devices.