Thread: Lan not working on Acer Aspire 5250 laptop

Lan not working on Acer Aspire 5250 laptop

I am not able to use internet on Acer Aspire 5250. It stopped automatically and there is a problem with the wifi also. I had tried too many things but nothing is working. I want a bit help to fix the problem. The wifi has stopped working long back and now the lan. Before this transferring file from the local network was also very slow. How to fix this thing. I had tried using the driver disc that came with laptop but it is not helping.

Re: Lan not working on Acer Aspire 5250 laptop

You have to explain in more detail what actually happen on your system. If the lan adapter has stopped working then there will be no network icon in system tray. If it is then there will be some sign on it. Like a yellow exclamation mark or a red cross. Can you see any of those. IF there is a yellow exclamation sign then it is your network issue. You can try checking the internet settings. That will help.

Try to change the lan cable and check back. I think that will resolve the issue. I was facing net disconnection because of faulty cable. I bought a new one from the market and it worked. So you will also have to do the same thing. You have to buy a new cable and test that. I think that will be helpful in fixing the issue. Just change the cable and see. That will resolve the problem.

Even after adding new cable if things does not work then you can simply update the driver. That will help you more. Right click on the network adapter and then choose uninstall. Reboot your pc. Run the latest drivers and check back. You can use a third party driver updater also but that will need active internet connection. It will not work without that. But still just run the latest drivers update and check back.