Thread: Lenovo Thinkpad T440P shutdown automatically

Lenovo Thinkpad T440P shutdown automatically

I had updated the bios of Lenovo Thinkpad T440P. It is my friend laptop. It was having a bit problem with performance. The drive was slow and there was blue screen error. I thought first this is a driver issue and updated all. But it did not helped. Later on I found a solution on Lenovo forums to update the bios. I did that. After that a new problem started. The system is turning off automatically. There is no specific time interval.

Re: Lenovo Thinkpad T440P shutdown automatically

Looks like you had not properly flashed the bios due to which you are facing the problem. You have to try to re-flash it back again. Before doing that first check the bios version. Then see the proper process. And it is essential that the system does not shutdown in between when you are updating the bios. There can be problem later on. You must try this process once again and I am sure this will help. If not then you have to take the laptop to your nearest service center.

Wrong bios update can cause various issue. There is a bios update utility available. I always use that to update that helps a lot. Depending on your system you have to download that and run. It will automatically update and this will be more helpful. I had provided the download link below. Download the bios update utility and launch that. It will automatically update and fix the problem you are facing. This is the easiest way to resolve problem.

Lenovo BIOS update utility

After updating do not forget to run windows update. That will help you to make the system more stable. But if still the system is crashing go in Control Panel > Administrative Tools > Event Viewer. Download the latest error log report from there. Copy that error report here. That will be more helpful to give you proper solution. According to me I think there is some kind of incompatible hardware problem in your system which is causing the problem.