Thread: How to reset Samsung Galaxy S5

How to reset Samsung Galaxy S5

I have recently upgraded my smartphone from Samsung Galaxy Note 2 to Samsung Galaxy S5. It was working fine and I also did rooting on this phone and then downloaded titanium backup and I think by mistakenly I restored something from my old Galaxy Note 2. So when I restarted the phone then it starts into touchwiz for some time and then restarts telling me that it has crashed. Now I am afraid of flashing it again and put it in danger, so I need your recommendation for solving this case. Thanks

Re: How to reset Samsung Galaxy S5

There are few operations that you can do on your device. First of all you can try to use your Recovery of CWM or Stock to wipe all the data, by doing a factory reset. This will, no doubt, make your device freshly out of the box again. The second option is to use ODIN for the stock ROM that you can download from many sites. Simply start Odin and then put the file in the AP spot and then click Start. Just dont try to disconnect the phone until the whole procedure is finished.

If the above solution is not working then try to first charge the battery of your Samsung Galaxy S5 fully and then do a hard reset. You will need the ClockWorkMod recovery first. After that you need to press and hold the Volume Up + Home Button or else Volume Up + Down button and then also press the Power Button for 2-3 seconds. Now release only the power button but hold on to the Volume up + Home Buttons. Now with the volume down button choose Wipe data/factory reset (3rd option) > Press Power or home button and it will start to hard reset your phone.

You might also have to close all the programs for resetting the device to regain functionality. To do that press and hold the power button for 8-10 seconds and then the device will reboot automatically. Or else hold the Volume down button and then press and release the Power button. After that choose Clear Storage by pressing the Volume down button. Now try to press and release the Power button and then press Voume Up to confirm the master reset.