Thread: Sony Xperia Z1 Compact error "close external connector covers to secure waterproofing"

Sony Xperia Z1 Compact error "close external connector covers to secure waterproofing"

I recently got a Sony Xperia Z1 Compact smartphone for myself as a birthday gift. The phone is working great but there is one thing that I cannot understand why am getting over and over again. No matter how many times I try to turn on the phone I will get a message "please close the external covers for waterproofing". Is this some kind of error or is it like this only. I have checked that the connectors are closed when turning on the phone. Does anyone know why is it giving me the same message again and again? Thanks

Re: Sony Xperia Z1 Compact error "close external connector covers to secure waterproofing"

I would recommend you to download the Update Service (SUS) from this link. Even if you have the latest software installed in your mobile phone, it is always recommended to run this Update Sevice to improve the software stability in the Sony Xperia Z1 Compact phone. All your problems will be solved with this update but before doing this I would advise you to backup all the important data from your smartphone to your PC.

Re: Sony Xperia Z1 Compact error "close external connector covers to secure waterproofing"

There is an option that you can select in your smartphone to not show the message or something like that that you are getting after turning on your Xperia Z1 Compact. If it is not there then you can easily solve it by either doing a factory reset or else repairing through your device by PC Companion software of Sony that you can easily get from the Sony official website. Normally if the flaps are not open then you shouldnt get that message.

If the flaps are closed on your Sony Xperia Z1 Compact but still you are getting that message then it might be possible that you have a faulty hardware. If factory reset doesnt work then you should try to get into contact with Sony support team and inform them about this problem. Since the device is new and under warranty then they will either have to repair your device or else they will replace it and send you a new Sony Xperia X1 Compact phone.