Thread: Kingston USB ask for formatting on every connection

Kingston USB ask for formatting on every connection

Each time when I connect my pen drive to my pc I am getting a damage disk error. After formatting it is working. I am not able to figure out the problem here. I had tried to update the usb drivers but it is not working. Is there anyone who knows a solution for this. I had copied a few data from a friends house and when I connect it is giving me the error. I am not able to resolve the query. Can anyone help. After formatting I will loose everything.

Re: Kingston USB ask for formatting on every connection

Looks like you are having a corrupt pen drive. You must get another one. I had also faced the same issue but it after a few days the drive stopped working completely. So this is quiet common. I think your drive is also damage. If it is under warranty then you can get it repaired but if not then you have to get a new one. The flash chip inside is not proper and will be soon stop working. Avoid using ti for data backup purpose.

Before formatting just check the drive in some other pc. See that it is working or not. You should be able to access the data on other system. Copy them and format it. Disconnect the drive and connect it back again. If it still ask your for formatting the drive is damage. You cannot use it. It is possible to fix software released problem, but when there is a hardware issue you cannot do anything. You have to get a new one.

You can find out the information about the drive by running System File Checker tool. Connect the drive to your pc and format it. Launch cmd. Run CD command to change the direct. If your pen drive is F then type CD: F and hit enter. You will be in that. And then run sfc /scannow and hit enter. It will tell you whether the drive is appropriate or not. If you get any errors then you have to buy a new one.