Thread: Vista laptop fails to read Blu ray disc

Vista laptop fails to read Blu ray disc

My friend gave me a blu ray disc that hold huge amount of video files. But when I insert that in my system it is not readable. I am unable to copy the files. I am using Windows Vista and I have Cyberlink DVD Pro in the same. I had seen the information about the software that shows it will be able to read the blu ray files. But it is not working. What should I do here. Is there any other software that will work.

Re: Vista laptop fails to read Blu ray disc

You will need a blu ray player for that. There is no use of installing those software. They will not be able to read the files unless there is a blu ray player in your system. You can contact the service center for adding a blu ray player. It is not very costly. I am sure you can get one at a budget price. Then you can use any third party blu ray player to watch videos and movies. That will be more simpler I think.

Another option is to buy a usb blu ray player. You can find that on ebay and amazon. It is costly but one time purchase. You can also make blu ray videos on it. That means you can create blu ray dvd. Without that there is no use of having those disc. Our regular optical drive is not capable of reading it. I am having LG WH14NS40 on my pc. It is a internal blu ray player that works really fine.

If you had got those videos on your pc then there are ample of software to play and convert. You are having a disc and without a blu ray optical drive you cannot copy the content from it. I had converted many dvd from blu ray videos through a third party convertor. So the task here is that you have to find a optical blu ray drive and copy the files form it into your pc. Then you can convert them into another readable format through Xilisoft Blu-Ray to DVD Converter.