Thread: How to make Wifi Tether to work on LG G Flex

How to make Wifi Tether to work on LG G Flex

Recently I have purchased this new mobile phone called LG G Flex which is also an unlocked version. I was wondering how do we tether this G Flex smartphone and get wifi tether to work? Can this be done through an application or are we supposed to do this kind of stuff manually. I have looked at many places but cannot find anything suitable? Can anyone tell me how do I solve this issue? Thanks

Re: How to make Wifi Tether to work on LG G Flex

There is an app called WiFi tether router on google play market by Fabio Grasso that you can download and test it on your LG G Flex smartphone. I have heard that this apps works on many mobile devices and its also ranking 4.5 out of 5 stars. Note that it will cost you $2 approximately but it is worth to give it a try. Just try to change your APN, simply navigate to Settings > More > Mobile networks > Access Point Names. Select your T-Mobile APN, and scroll to APN protocol. Change this to IPv4, and then save your APN.

There is also another app called PdaNet+ listed on Google Play Market. It can be used to turn your LG G Flex android smartphone into a free Wifi Hotspot or else you can also use it as a USB broadband modem. The best part is that it doesnt need any rooting of your phone whereas the above app suggested does require rooting. This app supports USB, Bluetooth and Wifi and the usb mode also works for all android phones.

There was a guy on another forum who found a beta app called wifi_tether_v3_3-beta2.apk for wifi tethering. When he installed this app on his LG G Flex, it worked flawlessly according to him. You can download this app and test it on your phone from this link - https://www.dropbox.com/s/by7pl1cwos...v3_3-beta2.apk. Note that you will require to root your device first to get this app to work on your G flex though. Hope this helps.