Thread: How to delete unnecessary files from Nokia Lumia 920

How to delete unnecessary files from Nokia Lumia 920

How to optimize the storage of Lumia 920 device. I think there are many unnecessary files which are occupying the internal space. I want to clean up to get more space so that I can add more audio. I want a app through which I can analyze the internal storage and get a detailed view of files sorted in form of different category. I had seen such app available for android devices. But there is nothing for Nokia Lumia.

Re: How to delete unnecessary files from Nokia Lumia 920

You can connect the phone to your pc and you will get a removable storage icon in My Computer. Right click on that and you can see the amount of space left inside it. You can use a third party file manager software to get more details of files. There are many advance software available for Windows. They will sort the file in the form of category and you will get a graph view on your screen. It is the easiest way to find unnecessary files.

Lumia itself has a feature inside settings for checking out the storage. It is called as Storage Check. Just tap on that and you will get a diagram on the screen with space left and occupied. Most of the time a specific amount is occupied by temp folder. You can clean that. Just tap on clear under Temporary files. You have to go in details to find that. And you will get a more space in it. There is no need to use any third party app.

There are few apps available on the app store. You can use them to clean the internal storage of your phone. It works really well. The one that I know is Storage Cleaner. It is really simple to use and will give you more detail information on different files which are occupying your internal storage. One more app that you can use is Storage Booster which will clean all the temp files with one single tap.