Thread: Microsoft office on iPad vs Microsoft Office on Android

Microsoft office on iPad vs Microsoft Office on Android

Microsoft has released Office suite for iPad. I am having a android tablet and I am using Microsoft Office Mobile. Which one is better. Office on iPad or Office on Android. I had seen a few videos where it looks both are almost same. I am going to sell out my tablet soon and buy a iPad. That is because of poor battery life. I need a tablet for professional usage. Like for editing office documents, for making call, etc.

Re: Microsoft office on iPad vs Microsoft Office on Android

Microsoft Office Mobile is quiet basic. I think you will get more features on the iPad version. I am not really sure about that. But I had seen certain review where it clearly shows that the Office version for iPad gives you full features like desktop version. You can edit and modify your files quiet easily. You can also share them via cloud. iPad is different compared to Android tablets. It is more fluid and has as optimized OS.

Which Android tablet are you referring to, as some are more powerful than others.

This would affect the comparison.

I am talking about HP Slat 7. A small 7inch tablet with 1.6Ghz processor. I am editing files on it, but the Office edition that I had downlaoded from Google Play is very basic. My friend has a iPad and just recently I saw Office in it. It is more better. Many features are missing in the android. That is really weird. Both the platform are having free Office app but there is huge difference.

This is a new version of Office which is released for iPad. It is much better compare to the android one. I had tested both and it is far more simple to work on iPad. Because you have a very smart touchscreen. The Office suite is completely optimized and you might face any issue in using it. If you need a professional support then you must go for the iPad edition. The entire UI is very easy to understand also.

iPad is far more superior compared to Android. It is different has many benefits. While Android gives you low features. But being cheap it is used by many. I had notice big difference between iPad version of Office. The old one was very basic. It was not having any special features. But the new one is more better. There are lots of things added in it. I am using Excel mostly. I can use many formulas right-now which were not available before.

Microsoft took really long time to release the office app for iPad. It is correct that they were giving a basic version before, today the one which we have is more advance. I am going for Office 365 which comes with a monthly fee. It is one of the best platform for managing and sharing document. If you have a iPad then you must install Microsoft Office. I do not think there is any other app that can provide so much features.

The benefit of having android is that you have more options. You can download different office suite if you are not satisfied with Office Mobile. I am using Quickoffice Pro. It provide similar features of Microsoft Office and works really well. It is a paid app but professional. I am using this on a 10inch tablet. I have many PowerPoint and excel files in my email. I can edit all of them in QuickOffice Pro.

Microsoft has not done any changes on the android version of Office. It remain the same as it was before. I will prefer to say that this is just like a file viewer. That's it. If you need more advance features then you have to subscribe to Office 365. But being android we have different options also. Right-now I am using Google Docs that looks good enough to edit various files.

For Google Cloud you need good internet connection. On poor connection the files will freeze. The best office app according to me is Documents To Go. I am using this from long time and it works really well. It is also free. This one is a full office package with simple interface. You can see all your files listed in it and you can edit it. It has a cloud support where you can save your files and modify them as per your need.