Thread: How to identify the wireless adapter for Dell laptop

How to identify the wireless adapter for Dell laptop

How to find which wireless adapter is installed in a laptop. My friend has a dell system who's wifi is not working. He can use internet through lan port but there is no wireless configuration. I want a bit help here to find out what wifi adapter is connected on the laptop. Many says that I will have to open it and then only it will work. But I am not so good in hardware. Is there a software that can provide the detail.

Re: How to identify the wireless adapter for Dell laptop

You can find that in the laptop specification. If you can provide me the model I can give you the details of wifi adapter. You can also go no the official website of Dell and locate the model. There is a support button available. Click on that and simply check the driver section. Most of the time adapter model is mentioned in that. Like ATHEROS it he most common one.

Device Manager can give you information about that. Press Windows + R key from your keyboard and in that type devmgmt.msc. In Device Manager go to Network Adapter section. There will be a plus sign. Click on that and below that you can see the adapters listed. This is the easiest way to find. If the adapter is not installed then you might see a exclamation mark or unknown device.

You can facing this problem of outdated drivers. You can fix that by updating that to latest one. There are many tools for that. I am using a driver updater software that help to find the latest drivers easily with one single click. You just have to install DriverMax in your system. It will automatically find the driver. Just keep the laptop connected to your pc through lan cable so that it can get active connection.