Thread: No sound after connected 32inch TV on HP ENVY 15-j110tx

No sound after connected 32inch TV on HP ENVY 15-j110tx

There is no sound on my TV after I had connected it to the laptop through hdmi port. I am trying stream some movies through it. But there is no audio at all. When I switch back to AV the audio work fine. I am using the same hdmi cable on my monitor. The display is also poor. Screen looks bit blurry. Is this a hardware problem. My laptop is just 8 months old.

Re: No sound after connected 32inch TV on HP ENVY 15-j110tx

If you are having multiple ports then just try to switch that and see. But still if there is no sound and picture quality is bad then I will recommend you to change the cable. You can get a good one from the market. It looks the one which you are using is damage. Buy a long cable so that you can sit with your laptop and stream the content on the tv.

I do not think the cable is damage. I am using the same on my monitor where the screen output is great. But the monitor does not comes with speaker so I cannot test the sound on it. I will try a few more time and then go for the new cable. I just want some additional troubleshooting tips. It looks the cable is appropriate. There can be issue with the laptop. How can I find it.

Most of the time whenever you hook up a new audio hardware Windows automatically set it as the default playback device. In your case this settings are not applied. Go in Control and there go in Sound. You have to enable HDMI source the default audio playback. In Sound, Playback is the first option. Choose the port right click on that and set it as default.

It is also better if you go ahead with a driver update. This will help to resolve the issue. I got this problem some time ago on a monitor. It came with speakers in it. But there was no sound. I updated the video and audio driver both and it worked. You will also have to do the same. You can update audio drivers. Just visit the official website of your motherboard manufacturer and download fresh drivers.

Thanks for the reply, I tried both the things. But nothing is working. First I had configured the hdmi port 1 as default playback device, but still there is no audio. Second I went on the official site and installed the latest audio driver. But still thing failed. It looks the cable is not proper here. I am going to get a new one and try once again. If it does not work then what to do.

Then it means the ports are damage or you are using a incompatible hdmi cable. There are different type of cables in the market. It is essential that you should site on internet for few minutes and find the right one. Most of the time hdmi port deliver both audio and video. There is no need to do so much changes. But if this is not working then just buy a new cable and check back.

The best thing to do is add a nice 2.1 audio channel on your system. You can also connect a wireless speaker. It is more easier and you do not have to manage audio settings. Just get a long cable so that you can sit near to the laptop and control the screen display. Through a separate speaker the audio quality is much more better. It add theater type of effects.