Thread: Gionee Elife E7 not detected on my pc through usb

Gionee Elife E7 not detected on my pc through usb

I am trying to copy some files in Gionee Elife E7. After connecting that on my laptop I can see popup for new hardware. But I am unable to see anything inside My Computer. I also have a Nokia hone. When I connect that I can see a drive inside My Computer in which I can transfer files. But when I am doing the same with Gionee Elife E7 it is not working. What to do here. I hope this is not a damage piece.

Re: Gionee Elife E7 not detected on my pc through usb

Check the usb cable. There can be issue with that. You can simply change that and try back. Second thing most of this android phones are detected as removable storage. You just have to connect them and done. The device will appear in My Computer. If it is not detected then the cable or the usb port is damage. Try to check in different ports first. If this does not work then replace the cable.

After connecting the device when you see new hardware found wizard, it will end up with a error. This is because the system is not able to find the usb drivers for it. You have to download that and install it. I am giving you a download link below. Click on that and get the latest drivers. Install this in your system and reconnect the phone back. I think that will help you to transfer files in the phone.

Gionee Elife E7 Smartphone USB Driver

The problem lies with the right usb driver. If there is a pc suite then it is more easier to use such phone. Elife E7 is a high end smartphone and Gionee is not giving any pc suite for that. It is hard for a end user to find drivers on the web. Thanks for that link. I am now able to use the phone. I am looking for some help through which I can use the phone internet on my pc. I hope there will be some solution for that.