Thread: It is possible to update iOS 7.1 on iPod touch 4G

It is possible to update iOS 7.1 on iPod touch 4G

Want some help to update iOS 7.1 on iPod Touch 4G. It is possible to do that. I had not seen anyone doing this. I had seen the new features of iOS 7.1 on iPhone. It is really amazing. It is fast compare to what I am using right-now. I want a bit help to go ahead with this on iPod Touch 4G. I tried to locate a bit in formation on the compatibility but can't find anything.

Re: It is possible to update iOS 7.1 on iPod touch 4G

Before looking for iOS 7.1 it is essential that you must try to find whether the your device is capable of running iOS 7 or not. You cannot directly jump to a new version. As far as I know it will not work. You have to simply buy another latest version of iPod or iPhone to get the new iOS. Do not attempt to go ahead with manual process, there can be issue. You can also talk to apple for that.

There is no way you can use the new iOS on iPod Touch 4G. It is a old model. The last device that I know which supports iOS 7 is iPod Touch 5th generation. It is possible to have iOS 7.1 on it, but you cannot go with the 4th generation. Officially it is not supported. Apple must release a even update for all its devices so that those who already spended good amount on their device an get new features.

Most of the new devices by Apple only support this new iOS 7.1 update. If you have iPhone then you can go ahead with iPhone 4 only. No devices before that will support this new update and as mentioned above for iPod, iPod Touch 5 is the last one. So if you need the new os better get a new device. And buy the latest one so that you can constantly get new updates.